Writer's Notes On "Papa's Big Crush"
- This story was written as a follow-up to "Romeo And
Smurfette", and was later followed by the EMPATH story "Papa Smurf & Mama
Smurfette". It was meant to resolve the issue of how Papa Smurf
loved Smurfette, which in the original comic books and the cartoon episode
- Reporter and Editor both run newspapers in the
village, though here Editor seems to run a more tabloid-style paper with
Nosey, the busybody Smurf who appeared in "The Lost City Of Yore".
Ironically, Reporter had a much more tabloid-style newspaper that was
published in the cartoon episode "All The News That's Fit To Smurf".
- Vanity's friend Periwinkle the pixie first appeared
in the cartoon episode "Beauty Is Only Smurf Deep".
- The angelic and devilish voices appear with various
Smurfs in various cartoon episodes, including Papa Smurf in the episode "The
Master Smurf". Here apparently, Papa Smurf has a particular weakness
that the devilish voice tries to exploit.
- The breathing mask Brainy uses was first made by
Handy in the cartoon episode "Born Rotten".